February is just around the corner, but for Kendama players, it's much more than just another month; it's a time when players from around the globe spend 28 days honing new tricks and pushing their skills to new heights! 28 Tricks Later has become something we look forward to all year, it always excites us to see what everyone brings to the table. We've seen countless Never-Been-Done tricks in years past, but we also love to see players that progress from just learning cups on day 1, to surpassing all of their personal goals by Day 28.
Since the start of this challenge in 2017, the #28trickslater hashtag has accumulated over 103,000 posts on Instagram! We are so excited to see how many players participate this year!
This month is a challenge to yourself more than anything else. It is an opportunity to take a moment every day to hone in some dama skills and #CelebrateEveryLevelUp
#28TricksLater is an idea that came from our pro, Christian Fraser, in 2017. Here is a few words from him:
"#28trickslater was an idea that was inspired by two simple things:
1. My personal struggle with jamming one single kendama for an extended period of time, and,
2. Pushing myself and the Sweets team to really put in work and level up.
This challenge is 100% about personal progress and satisfaction. Each clip should strive to be something you have never done before, whether it’s a brand new trick or just one to personally level up. I’m so stoked that this idea has taken off and we are embarking on the 6th year of grinding. Remember, this challenge is for yourself and no one else! Have fun, put in work, and take the challenge day-by-day. Good luck!"
Here's How to Join the Fun
- If you can, start Feb. 1 with a brand new Kendama. The goal is to use only this kendama through the whole month of February. It is cool to see how much work you put into one dama in 28 days!
- The goal is to post a new trick on your Instagram Feed with the hashtag #28trickslater every day for 28 days in a row!
- THIS IS NOT A CONTEST. This is a challenge from the Sweets Family to you. We believe everyone who plays kendama should want to do to improve their skills and share that skill with others in the community via Instagram.
- It is hard to make it everyday, so do your best! If you miss a day, that is OK, just pick up where you left off and try to get as many days as you can. If you get stuck and can't think of new tricks, watch some tutorials on our Youtube Channel, or watch and old edit from someone you've never heard of for some inspiration.
- We will be sharing our favorite clips throughout the month on Instagram, so make sure you tag us!
Download the #28TricksLater Graphics H E R E